November 20, 2011

Today's Everyday Fashion: DailyBuzz Style 9x9








































I'm a huge fan of using the items you already have in your closet and re-working them in different ways. Today I'm sharing how I took my polka dot dress from this summer (left) and turned it into a fall/winter look (right)! The addition of a velvet jacket, boots and tights make the dress perfect for a holiday party or other winter festivity. This outfit is also part of the latest DailyBuzz style challenge, and on Tuesday I'll be posting a link so you can see how the other bloggers wore polka dots, too. How do you re-work the items in your closet for different seasons? Are you rocking the polka dot trend this fall/winter?

LEFT
Dress: Zara, $30
Trench: New York & Company, $50
Belt: Gap, $10
Shoes: White Mountain c/o Ross, $25
Necklace: My Stella & Dot website, $228
Purse: c/o It's in the Bag, $99

RIGHT
Dress: Zara, $30
Velvet blazer: H&M, $30
Belt: Urban Outfitters, $20
Boots: Cynthia Rowley via TJ Maxx, $85
Tights: Hue via TJ Maxx, $5
Earrings: Express, $15



1. Fred Flare polka dot dress, $54
2. Forever 21 polka dot dress, $22.80
3. ModCloth polka dot dress, $36.99 (on sale)

ps. The results are in! See how the other bloggers wore polka dots here.

12 comments:

  1. Where do you buy your tights? I'm looking for opaque black tights, the ones I find are too sheer. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pieces that can do double duty, and you look like an exert in making something work year round. Love the bag from your look on the left and the amazing belt from your look on the right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to find a white fall/winter dress...they look so great with opaque tights and a jacket!

    Michelle
    www.pinqueblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely take a lot of my summer dresses and layer them up for the winter months - this one is super cute both ways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress with the different belts.  You look adorable...twice!
    http://stylishsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the polka dots dress and the Velvet blazer
    http://fashberries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love polka dots and that dress is too cute! 

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love how you re-worked your polka dot dress from this Summer----it seems like polka dots are such a *happy* print to wear, too!!    Years ago, I used to have a silky, long-sleeved red blouse with small black polka dots all over it, which I really enjoyed wearing;  but now I don't even have a SINGLE polka dot to my name, though, (haha)!!   

    I've always been intrigued and thoroughly *mesmerized* by "bubble prints," which (in a way) are............ "Polka Dots Gone Wild"!!    To me, bubble prints are............ even  *H.A.P.P.I.E.R.*  than regular polka dots are, (e.g., like this bubble print scarf from Happy Scarf, which sure would be *fun* trying to work-style it for Fall/Winter by maybe "pulling-out" ONLY it's blue & purple colors;  then to casually style it for Spring/Summer by maybe "pulling-out" ONLY it's white & orange colors----or something similar to that, J!!): 

    http://www.happyscarf.com/servlet/Detail?no=218

    ReplyDelete
  9. So super cute...you did a great job on this one. I think I like your version best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both styles, the dress looks totally different in them! Have a great week! xoxo

    http://handmadedreams-silvertigo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got the tights from TJ Maxx (see caption), the brand is HUE. I just picked up some fun colors by the same brand last week and can't wait to style them! 

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love summer dresses for the fall! so versatile! I'd rock polka dots any time and any day! :)
    http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete