June 10, 2011

Today's Everyday Fashion: Mixed Messages






































Last week I did Flashback Friday a day early, and this week I'm going to do it a day late. (whoopsie!) I totally forgot Friday was coming up and didn't prepare, so instead I'm showing you what I'm actually wearing today. It's the last day for us to use our Disney passes so we are spending the late afternoon/night at the parks. I'm going to show those kiddos that even adults can rock hot pink shorts. :-)

Styling tips: When it comes to color right now, throw the rules right out the window. The most unexpected combos that may seem like they may clash can be some of the best. Such as pink and red like I talked about last week, or orange and pink in today's look. If you have been wanting to try some fun colors, now is the time to try!

Inspiration photo: J. Crew
Occasion: Disney
Cardigan: Gap, $18
Shirt: Banana Republic, $18
Belt: Gap, $10
Shorts: Forever 21, $18
Shoes: Chinese Laundry/DSW, $27
Necklace: c/o Stella & Dot, $55
Watch: Michael Kors, family gift
Bracelets: Forever 21, $8
Purse: c/o It's in the Bag, $78

13 comments:

  1. I love this look  never would have thought that that all of those colors would go together :)

    Hope you have a great time at Disney today :) I'm going to be going there next weekend so excited!! :)

    http://kikiscornerfunfashionandfrivolity.blogspot.com/ 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I just bought hot pink shorts and a bunch of other colored ones from the Gap outlet for only $10!! I thought about this blog while buying them. I can't wait to wear them now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to get more into color blocking -- what is your favorite store to buy cheap, colorful pieces?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely Forever 21 and H&M! Zara has amazing colorful stuff right now, but I always feel like they are so overpriced so I never wind up buying anything. I am also loving the colors at Limited right now, and there are a couple pieces at the Gap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo for pink shorts! I have a few more outfits coming up with them so stay tuned. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun at Disney next weekend!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great outfit, you always have the greatest ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have yellow undertones so wearing brighter coloured bottoms is something I'd try!  

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your timing for this post is too perfect.  The day before I purchased bright pink shorts with your blog as my inspiration!  I am a corporate attorney, so spend a lot of time in gray, black, white and navy.  I looked in my closet the other day and was completely bored with what I saw.  I still have confines with my work wardrobe, but weekend wear is fair game!  Thanks to you (and an awesome sale at the Gap), my closet is getting a pick-me-up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your timing for this post is too perfect.  The day before I purchased bright pink shorts with your blog as my inspiration!  I am a corporate attorney, so spend a lot of time in gray, black, white and navy.  I looked in my closet the other day and was completely bored with what I saw.  I still have confines with my work wardrobe, but weekend wear is fair game!  Thanks to you (and an awesome sale at the Gap), my closet is getting a pick-me-up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it Whitney! Hot pink shorts are an awesome addition and I think you can wear them with any of the neutrals you listed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this outfit! it is better than the left one ;)

    ReplyDelete