March 9, 2011

Today's Everyday Fashion: It's a Jungle Out There






































You know those days at the office that feel like a crazy, messy jungle? Well, I suggest dressing quite literally for the occasion in an army jacket and camo. Show 'em you mean war. ;-) Okay maybe that's taking a bit far, but I do feel ready to take on the world (office) in this outfit!

Why this works: This outfit follows the general rule "volume on top, slim on bottom." The pencil skirt balances out the jacket in both shape and in style (jacket is masculine, skirt is feminine). The opposite also works: a skirt with volume works with a slim shirt, and masculine bottoms work well with a feminine, ruffled top!

Occasion: Work
Inspiration photo: LOFT mannequin (I snapped the photo with my phone)
Jacket: Gap, $25
Shirt: Banana Republic, $18
Belt: American Eagle, $5
Skirt: Limited, $50
Shoes: H&M
Earrings: Forever 21, $8
Watch: Michael Kors, Christmas present

9 comments:

  1. I thought that outfit looked familiar! I've been wanting to re-create it since I saw it in a LOFT ad. You beat me to it! :) Looks super cute. I LOVE finding good quality clothes on the cheap and I LOVE camo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit!!!
    Visit my looks
    www.ilovenystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you buy that jacket recently? I have been looking for a great green jacket like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessi, I got the jacket last fall but tons of stores are carrying this style right now. The one on the left is still at the LOFT, and MJRsales.com has one for like $15!

    ReplyDelete
  5. probably my absolute favorite look out of all of yours!!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOFT can do no wrong! I love your take on the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That skirt is amazing. I was working with the volume on top/slim on bottom concept today too! Check it out: http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com/2011/03/workin-new-tights.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. your outfit > ann taylor's :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! I want all those pieces!! :D

    ReplyDelete