January 8, 2011

Today's Everyday Fashion: 5-Minute Outfit


Sometimes I plan an outfit in my head for days. Other times I have 5 minutes to get dressed and throw something together. This was a result of #2. I had planned to wear a cute polka dot outfit (from Thursday) but it was chilly and overcast and I was in the mood for boots. I threw these pieces together and was one happy camper. (Speaking of campers...)

Why this works: The chunky, sparkly necklace and bracelets are the key. Without them I look a bit like I'm going camping. :-)

Styling tip: When you're in a hurry, lay a potential outfit out FIRST to see if the colors work together. Look okay? Go ahead and try it on to see if the fit is rigjht. If the colors + the fit work, then you are a go!

Occasion: Business lunch and errands
Cardigan: H&M, $18
Shirt: Forever 21, $16
Belt: American Eagle/Filene's Basement, $5
Necklace: JcPenney, $20
Pants: Sanctuary Surplus/Nordstrom Rack, $40
Boots: Aldo, $75

ps. I was in an article about blogging in the Orlando Sentinel yesterday, check it out!

9 comments:

  1. I really like this one...the shirt is adorable, and I love the color choice of the cardi you chose to pair with it!

    www.mixmatchfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read the article, LOVE IT! So happy for you and cant wait to see the many opportunities opened up by your AMAZING blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should come out with a fashion hoq-to manual for all of us lol !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the juxtaposition of the rhinestone necklace with the plaid shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone!!

    Anonymous, so sweet thank you!

    Salah, I'm actually working on some form of that right now! Stay tuned. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit! Great last minute choice! I need to plan my outfits out better. I like the idea of laying everything out!

    ReplyDelete