I would wear this inspiration outfit in a heartbeat! The gold cuffs are amazing and *if only* I could afford her t-strap studded Valentinos. I don't have a baby blue skirt like hers, but I do have a top, so I switched the two colors to achieve a going out/nighttime look. I'm also showing the same outfit with black jeans, for those readers who may not prefer to show as much leg. How would you wear it?
Inspiration photo: Refinery29
Skirt: Express, $5 (similar)
Jeans: Gap, $35 (similar)
Purse: Urban Outfitters, $30 (love this one)Necklace: My Stella & Dot website, $138
Watch: Michael Kors, family gift
Ring: My Stella & Dot website $49 and $69
Bracelets: My Stella & Dot website $59 and $59 and $79
Also, a little shopping update:
1. Banana Republic blouse - I was so excited to score this chain-print blouse at Banana for only $40 last week! It runs true to size (I got a 0 Petite).
2. Banana Republic cardigan - Even more exciting was scoring this burgundy cardigan for only $19. Both prices were right off the sale rack, no coupon.
3. Express peplum top - I spotted this top online and couldn't wait to try it on in the store. However, the fit was way off. The XS was slightly too small in the bust, and the S was way too big. It also cuts in very sharp making it more of a halter and not really work appropriate, so I passed.
4. LOFT blouse - This shirt is way better in person and is super-soft. Love it, but it's similar to #1 so I may pass.
5. Urban Outfitters shoes - I learned a cool trick with Urban Outfitters. A reader told me that these shoes were 50% off in the store, even though they are still full price online. I called my local store but they didn't have them in stock, so I asked if they could ship from another store. That's when they told me they would order them online, free shipping, and I would get the same 50% off store price. Score!
6. Piperlime shoes - I had a 20% off coupon for Piperlime so these shoes were only $48. I don't love them though and they are slightly too big (they fit true to size - I'm a 9.5 but can never find that size so I got a 10), so they are going back.
7. Piperlime dress - This dress was only $30 with the coupon, and I'm on the hunt for sheath work dresses. I would say this dress fits true to size (XS) but the slit in the front is a big no-no on my height. One step forward and I'm showing my whole thigh, which negates the whole work-apporpriate thing.
8. Gap camo pants - I'm dying to find camo pants or a camo jacket, but I was not a fan of these when I tried them on. They are super-stretchy and way more leggings than actual pants!
9. Gap plaid pants - I loved these pants. Totally would've bought them, but I already bought two pairs of cropped pants this fall and don't need another pair so soon.
I struck out on most items, but couldn't be more excited about both Banana scores! Find anything exciting this week? Share your links below!