February 4, 2012

Today's Everyday Fashion: Navy + Black







































Why is navy so hard to photograph? Hopefully you guys can see, but my coat is navy and everything else is black. That's the same combo Gwyneth Paltrow is wearing and I am a huge fan. I almost always wear brown tones, but the middle look is exactly what I would wear in NYC if you transported me there right now! This is my third outfit with this hat and by far my favorite! I would not be shy about wearing this look around NYC or even Orlando (if it ever got cold enough, that is!). Would you wear the middle look? Do you rock navy + black?

Inspiration photo: Who What Wear
Navy coat: Via c/o MJR Sales, $55
Black sweater: Express, old
Black jeans: Gap, $35
Black boots: Cynthia Rowley from TJ Maxx, $85
Hat: c/o Express, $12
Earrings: Banana Republic, $10
Ring: My Stella & Dot website, $49


1. Kohl's black military coat, $99.60 (on sale)
2. Anne Klein black military coat, $99 (on sale)
3. Zappos black military coat, $110 (on sale)

15 comments:

  1. I LOVE navy and black together. I think it's a classic look. Love your jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Navy and black look so chic and pulled together.  Love your hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the coat--still not a fan of the hat. To me it looks Amish. Otherwise a win outfit! I live in manhattan and today, it's so nice you might not even need a heavy jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit!  I think a fedora would be a better hat choice if you wanted to wear one at all.  A scarf would look nice with this too. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of navy and black together but have never tried it out for myself. If I had a good hat head I'd totally rock that middle look! Super cute! Have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely wouldn't recommend wearing the hat in NY (at least not that style), but I love the navy and black combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color combination! What style are your gap jeans, they are a great style?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE (and I love Gwyneth too)! I wish I had a reason to wear a coat like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why Chrissie?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I've had the jeans for about 3 years. They are a skinny fit with a zipper on the leg.

    ReplyDelete
  11. J! Please take the time to watch this short video clip! I stumbled onto it this morning and it instantly reminded me of my favorite fashion blogger. :)  
    This is "J's Everyday Fashion" circa 1943. http://www.britishpathe.com/video/day-to-day-frock-issue-title-shoulder-arms
    Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this!! Thank you so much for sharing it with me!! :-) I love old movies, so that combined with some stellar fashion tips (lol) was just the best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13.  Just my personal preference, but I'm not a huge fan of hats in general, although some folks can definitely pull them off with the right style.  As for this particular outfit, I just think it looks more chic, polished, and city sleek without the extra accessory atop the head.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the trick with navy & black is to make it look deliberate, and not like you got dressed in a dark room.  You achieved that with this look.  

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to say that black + navy is one of my very few fashion no-no's, but you make a very compelling case for the combo and I applaud you for not having any hard rules and even trying to break them (in a good way)!

    ReplyDelete