August 8, 2011

Today's Everyday Fashion: New Favorites






































I wore this outfit yesterday for errands and church! For practicality sake I wore it without the cardigan and switched to nude flat sandals. This skirt: This is one of my favorite things I scored during the summer sales. I love a good Ikat print and once it was marked down to $22, I knew I couldn't pass it up. The sizing was way off - I had to go two sizes up -  which is mostly likely why so many of them were left, and why I inadvertently got such a great deal! The necklace: Totally digging my new Catherine Nicole necklace, also currently on sale. I love blue and gold necklaces, but I dig that this one has the pop of color on the sides, versus a pendant in the middle. The 14 karat gold chain has a slightly bronze look to it, and is perfect for layering with other necklaces. I have a feeling I won't be taking it off for months! Further reading: Check out this article from Redbook magazine with five outfit ideas for styling the red version of this skirt. I will be using it for inspiration in the future! :-)

Occasion: Church
Cardigan: H&M, $18
Shirt: Forever 21, $8
Skirt: Banana Republic, $22
Belt: Gap, $12
Shoes: Chinese Laundry via Piperlime, $33
Pendant: Stella & Dot
Chain necklace: c/o Catherine Nicole, $44



1. National Jean Co cardigan, $45
2. Forever 21 Ikat skirt, $17.80
3. Chinese Laundry shoes via Amazon, $68

17 comments:

  1. Such a pretty skirt and it's even better for $22!  All the colors tie together and it looks fresh.

    I very rarely read Redbook, so thanks for showing this article. I like the arty deco photo!

    Heather
    www.hkstylejourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute outfit...you always impress me!

    Kara
    www.mylifeinthecurvylane.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely colors,love your outfit so much! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that link!! I just bought a skirt in almost the same colors and with a quite busy print (for me). I didn't know how to style it yet, but couldn't pass it up since it was on sale dirt cheap and I had been eyeing it all summer. These pictures gave me great ideas, whee! :-D

    Relatable Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the orange version of that skirt...but sadly it is going back. I loved the print, but the fit on me (even in a larger size) was just not good. Looks great on you though!

    Michelle
    www.pinqueblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that skirt! I tried on the dress that was in the same pattern but it was still a bit too expensive for me. I'm pretty much obsessed with Banana and go in about every other day so maybe it will be marked down by now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the skirt!  What a great deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this color blue!! so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo...I really like that skirt. The color combo is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reminds me of the ocean! Love it.

    Samantha- Mus(eum)ings
    http://museuminternmusings.blogspot.com
    http://twitter.com/#!/museumings

    ReplyDelete
  11. I scored this skirt for $6.00 at BR last week. I am wearing the coral one here . Thanks for the link to Redbook magazine. I will be using it for inspiration for sure  =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stephanie_walter0409August 9, 2011 at 9:26 AM

    J, my husband bought me the gold Michael Kors watch yesterday...just because!!!  I LOVE it!!!  I have to bring it today to get links taken out, but am sooo excited!!!

    Thanks for being such a great inspiration for me!  It's sooo funny...I will buy something new, or want something new and I always end my statement to my husband with "J has it...or J suggested it!!"

    Sooo funny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your skirt is SO cute.  I love how you matched it perfectly with all of your accessories!  Banana republic is one of my favorite stores!

    http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the skirt!!!! I can't even tell it's too big because you did such a good job with styling the rest of the outfit =)

    You are one of my style icons (this sounds creepier than I mean it to) hahah!
    Keep it up J!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a good hubby Stephanie! Love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I tried that skirt on in Banana Republic at Rockerfeller Plaza and gave up on it because it was too tight in my size.  Wish I'd done what you did and sized up!!  Looks great.

    ReplyDelete