May 1, 2011

Today's Everyday Fashion: Stripe Swap






































You know that saying "If it isn't broken, don't fix it"? I think that applies in fashion too. I loved pairing this black and ivory striped shirt with brown, as seen previously in this outfit. So today I did a similar look with just enough changes to make this outfit feel brand new! 

Styling tip: Don't feel like you have to re-invent the wheel everytime you get dressed. Take an idea you love - such as a black and white print paired with brown, or a unique color combo, and change a couple of accessories to give you the feeling of a new outfit all together.

Cardigan: Gap, $18
Shirt: TJ Maxx, $13
Belt: H&M, $20
Jeans (left): Gap, $15
Shorts (right): American Eagle, $30
Necklace: Forever 21, $8
Watch: Michael Kors, family gift
Bracelets: Forever 21, $8
Shoes: c/o Chinese Laundry

16 comments:

  1. Pam@Over50feeling40May 1, 2011 at 9:05 AM

    I love the color of your cardigan...this is a perfect casual style! I hope you will drop by my site today...I was able to experience a special moment yesterday between a soap star and a rising jewelry designer...It is a story I think you will like!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moly I love those shoes. I'm a slight addict. $130 though? ..in my dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. jseverydayfashionMay 1, 2011 at 11:47 AM

    Kimberly, I usually get my CL shoes from DSW for $40 - I would check there in a few months! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. jseverydayfashionMay 1, 2011 at 11:47 AM

    Pam, what's the link?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi there- LOVE this outfit! is the top silky or jersey? was it an older or recent tjm buy? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pendant! So pretty. I love the look with the wide leg jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like both of these. They are even better than your first look, in my opinion. Love the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the top and necklace!
    http://mascaraandmk.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. jseverydayfashionMay 1, 2011 at 2:36 PM

    The top is silky, I think it's polyester. I got it about 3 months ago!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this outfit both ways!

    www.shoesandjules.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, everything you wear looks fantastic. a little jealous and very inspired. Thanks for all the hard work, i love the everyday posts on your website. They make my mornings : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the stripes! I like the shorts outfit, totally something I would wear!

    ReplyDelete
  13. who wears short shorts? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. jseverydayfashionMay 3, 2011 at 2:28 PM

    So sweet, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. jseverydayfashionMay 3, 2011 at 2:29 PM

    Is this someone I went to college with? Because they used to sing this song to me all the time. :-)

    ReplyDelete